Located on the sunny eastern slope of the Cascade Range, the Flying L Ranch is nestled in the ponderosa pines and meadowland of the Glenwood Valley at the base of 12,276 foot Mt. Adams.
Built back in 1945 by Les and Ilse Lloyd as their fly-in home, the ranch became a year-round B&B in the mid-1980's.
Experience the tranquility and beauty of our nature preserve. You can enjoy a quiet walk or cross country ski on the 1-2 mile loop trail system, where you may see coyotes, deer and grouse, and where wildflowers bloom brilliantly from May through September.
The Ranch Property
- Spectacularly located in the Glenwood Valley.
- 80 acres of private meadows and woodland at an elevation of 1,900 feet.
- Protected wildlife and many species of wild flowers.
- Ranch trails - marked and mapped for walking and cross country skiing.
- Pond in front meadow for wildlife, study, and meditation.
- Small corral for horses.
- Outdoor games: volleyball, horseshoes, badminton, croquet, etc.
- No poisonous snakes or plants.
- Rooms and cabins supplied with books, original art and photographs.
- High chairs.
- Indoor games for all ages.
- Barbecues and picnic tables.
- Maps of the surrounding areas for skiing, hiking, and bicycling.
- Friendly ranch dogs Smiley, Addy, Elliott and Ketchum.
Make the ranch your base for a wide variety of year-round recreational activities such as bicycling, hiking, whitewater rafting, kayaking, frisbee disc golf, fishing, climbing, huckleberry picking, wine tasting, star gazing, bird watching, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, or just plain reading and relaxing!
The town of Glenwood has a café, small grocery store, and gas station. There are also restaurants and services in Trout Lake, 18 miles to the west.
Natural Wonders Nearby
These natural wonders are all within a scenic 45-minute drive:
(Distances From Ranch)
- Mt. Adams, elevation 12,276 ft. (15 miles)
- Conboy National Wildlife Refuge (5 miles)
- Klickitat River and Canyon (4 miles)
- White Salmon Wild and Scenic River (19 miles)
- Indian Heaven Wilderness (27 miles)
- Columbia Gorge National Scenic Area (30 miles)